The Big “I” is building a strong future for the independent agency system by providing a wide array of resources for your business. We offer solutions to attract new talent to the industry and cultivate a better educated and more diverse workforce as well as agency consulting services.
- Consultative Services- We have experts on staff and access to a wide array of insurance industry professionals who stand ready to assist you with your questions, challenges and opportunities. Contact us today. Let us do the work so you don't have to.
- ePayPolicy- The IIAW has partnered with ePayPolicy to give our agency members a simple solution to process electronic payments. Click here for more information. It only takes five minutes to sign up. If you have further questions about ePay, please contact Matt.
- Best Practices- Since 1993, IIABA and Reagan Consulting have partnered to produce the Best Practices Study, a comprehensive examination of the top performing agencies across the country. The study compiles bench-marking data on the key metrics of agency performance and value including revenue growth and profitability, financial stability, expense management, and sales and operations productivity.
- Big "I" Retirement Services- Having trouble deciding which retirement plan is right for you or your agency? Big “I” Retirement Services is here to help you choose which plan best meets your circumstances and ensure you are compliant with new Federal Laws. We’ve worked with more than 1,000 agencies to help them achieve their retirement goals.
- Big "I" National Flood Insurance Program- Together, Big "I" Flood and Selective's relationship helps deliver members an unparalleled flood program. Together, we offer agents several layers of support to meet any and all flood insurance needs. With personalized support, competitive commissions, and an easy-to-use quoting platform, it is an easy decision to start writing your flood business through the Big "I" Flood-Selective partnership today.
- Big "I" Markets- Big “I” Markets is an online market access system available exclusively to Big “I” Members. It offers access to niche and specialty markets and features no fees, no volume commitments and competitive commissions.
- Virtual Risk Consultant- The Big I Advantage® Virtual Risk Consultant powered by Rough Notes (“VRC”) is a powerful online client service resource tool that no Big “I” member should be without. VRC has useful information for all positions in the agency from the agency principal to the CSR and will increase the professionalism of the agency, leading to increased sales.
- Big"I" Employee Benefits- The Big “I” Employee Benefits program provides full service group benefits for our member agents. Our program is underwritten by The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, a multi-line insurance group with many years of experience in the business and administered by a dedicated service team just for Big “I” Members. Offering Group Life, Group Short & Long Term Disability, Group Dental and Group Vision, the program offers varying lines of coverage options to meet the diverse needs of our members and also provides guaranteed issue with certain requirements being met. Whether you are a new member or an existing one, we quote and add coverage on a continuous basis.
- InVEST- A school-to-work insurance program, teams with high school and college educators to provide useful insurance curriculum for students. With the help of InVEST liaisons (IIAW members), students have the opportunity for job shadow days, internships or even careers after graduating from InVEST. Guest speakers during an InVEST class provide firsthand knowledge of what it’s like to work in the insurance field, and students have a new appreciation for the industry after hearing a professional speak.
- Agency Universe Study- Future One, a collaboration of the Big “I” and leading independent agency companies. This study is hailed as the most comprehensive of the independent agency system. The study surveys a wealth of issues about independent agencies operating in the U.S. including their numbers, revenue base and sources, number of employees, ownership, mix of business, diversification of products, technology uses, non-insurance income sources, and marketing methods.
- Market Share Report- First issued in the mid 1990's, The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America annually reviews property/casualty insurance premium data provided by AM Best Company. We compare these numbers, along with other data, research reports and anecdotal information. The findings showcase impressive, creative and aggressive actions by Independent Agents (IA's) and their carrier partners to retain and grow market share. The reports have shown some IA carriers to post expense ratios relative to direct channels, debunking the myth that "it costs more to distribute through independent agents.
- Membership in the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America- The most powerful agent resource right in the palm of your hand. IIAW membership includes access to many services and information that will help you succeed. From Ask an Expert, Big "I" Markets, the Agents Council on Technology, Virtual University, and just about every other service to run your agency, the IIABA is here for you!
- Nohre & Company- The IIAW is proud of our 25+ year partnership with Nohre and Company. In need of valuation, accounting, and consulting services? Contact Dirk Nohre today.